LISA E. GLADWELL, Esq.
Lisa Gladwell, NJRA founder and Chairperson, has been in recovery from addiction since November, 2001. Lisa’s 12th Step work includes:
- Founder/Chairperson of New Jersey Recovery Advocates (2014 to present)
- Owner/Operator of God Winks, a Recovery House for Ladies in Bergen County
- Keynote speaker at the 2020 Russ Berrie Make a Difference Awards
- Member of Bergen County's LACADA (Local Advisory Committee on Addiction and Drug Abuse)
- Grassroots organizer of the first statewide 2014 New Jersey Recovery Rally (2014)
- Russell Berrie Foundation 2016 Make a Difference Award Honoree
- President of the Father Jim McKenna Memorial Fund (2011- Present)
- Volunteer at Bergen County Jail’s Drug Rehabilitation Program for women (2010 to present)
- Volunteer at The Ladder Project, a therapeutic halfway house for men (2009 to present)
- Vice-Chair of Bergen’s Mental Health Board Advocacy Committee
- Paterson street ministry
- Organizer of: Bergen County’s three annual Recovery Rallies (2011, 2012, 2013)
- The Anonymous People showing in Bergen County (2013)
- Board member of Vantage Health Systems (mental health, parent organization of Touchstone Hall) (2008-2013)
- Board member of the Van Ost Institute for Family Living (facility closed) (2007-2008)
- Chairperson of the Van Ost Institute for Family Living’s 25th Anniversary Gala.
- Alumnus and alumnae leader of the Van Ost Institute for Family Living
- State Steering Committee Chairwoman for New Jersey Friends of Addiction Recovery (FOARNJ.org).
- Integral member of the planning/event management team for 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 annual New Jersey Recovery Walk/Rally events in Liberty State Park.
- Certified in Volunteer Training for New Jersey Friends of Addiction Recovery (FOAR).
Lisa provided personal testimony, under invitation, to the House of Representatives Subcommittee on Human Resources in January, 2004 on her family’s experience with the Child Welfare System and has been published in the Congressional Record multiple times. She has addressed the federally appointed New Jersey Child Welfare Reform Panel and participated as a panelist at a federal Women’s Summit in North Carolina.
After a successful career with global corporations, and with the encouragement of her mentor and friend, Lisa Mojer-Torres, Lisa changed paths and enrolled in law school, graduating in January, 2010. Lisa is an attorney, licensed in New Jersey, New York and the U.S. District Court of New Jersey. She currently practices primarily in the areas of Wills, Trusts, Estates, guardianships, corporate, transactional and contract law.
Lisa is a 2011 graduate of Bergen LEADS civic leadership program and an active member of their alumni. She is Vice President of Meals on Wheels of North Jersey Board of Directors. Lisa is a 2016 Russell Berrie Foundation Make a Difference Award Honoree. She can be reached at Lisagladwell@newjerseyrecoveryadvocates.org..